What does Wichita Falls Federal Credit Union do with your personal information?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the accounts or services you have with us. This information can include:
- Name, address, Social Security number, and income
- Account balances and transaction history
- Credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our member, we will not share your information except as permitted or required by law as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Wichita Falls Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Wichita Federal Credit Union Share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes— to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your transactions and experiences||No||We don't share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness||No||We don't share|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We don't share|
Frequently Asked Questions
What we do
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know the information to provide products or services to you.
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or apply for a loan
- Apply for any credit union service
- Visit our website, provide us information on any online application or transaction, or information you send to us by email.
- Use your credit or debit card or pay your bills
Make deposits to or withdrawals from your account(s)
We also collect your personal information from others, including credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Federal law only gives you the right to limit information sharing as follows:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Our affiliates include insurance companies such as Cuna and NCUA, Regulatory examiners.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Wichita Falls Federal Credit Union does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you, except for our joint marketing arrangements.
A formal agreement between Wichita Falls Federal Credit Union and a nonaffiliated financial company where we jointly market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include insurance service providers and credit card processors.